Restorative Cleveland aims to assist in ensuring that every victim of crime has access to a high standard of Restorative Justice at any point in their criminal justice journey.
Restorative Cleveland is a virtual hub, whereby Police, other agencies and members of the public can refer into one central point (to the Restorative Cleveland co-ordinator).
The Restorative Cleveland co-ordinator will liaise with relevant partners within Restorative Cleveland to manage the referral from start to finish.
Once a referral is made, Restorative Cleveland commit to:
- Referral made to Restorative Cleveland co-ordinator
- Restorative Cleveland Coordinator to complete relevant background checks and send referral to the relevant partner agency within 3 working days
- Referral to be then sent from partner agency to RJ facilitator within 5 working days
- Facilitator to attempt to make contact with both parties within 5 working days
- Facilitator to complete necessary visits, paperwork & facilitate the appropriate Restorative Justice Intervention as soon as possible, negating to the needs of the victim.
- Facilitator must meet and fill in risk assessment with supporters of both parties prior to the conference taking place.
- Ensure any signposting/referrals to other agencies are made for either party if necessary and in accordance with either party’s wishes.
- Ensure follow up visit is conducted with both parties within 4 weeks post conference
Restorative Cleveland is a partnership of the following orgainsations: