Chief Executive & Monitoring Officer (Salary £86,874)
- To carry out the duties of the Chief Executive appointed under the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011; the Head of the Paid Service; and the Monitoring Officer.
- To provide dynamic leadership and effective, high quality guidance, advice and support to the
Police and Crime Commissioner and staff within the Office of the Commissioner.
- To ensure the Commissioner and his office meets his statutory duties and strategic objectives,
ensuring legality, effective governance and the highest ethical standards.
- To advise and assist the Police and Crime Commissioner in the review, development and implementation of the Police and Crime Plan.
- To support and advise the Commissioner in the development of his vision, strategy and plans,
ensure their implementation and regular review with partnership working at the core.
Expenses & Expenditure of the Chief Executive Register of Gifts & Hospitality for the Chief Executive
Chief Finance Officer & Deputy Chief Executive (Salary £58,974)
Michael Porter (0.6 FTE working for the OPCC in Cleveland)
The Chief Finance Officer of the PCC is the PCC’s professional adviser on financial matters. To enable these duties to be fulfilled and to ensure the PCC is provided with adequate financial advice, the Chief Finance Officer of the PCC:
- is a key member of the PCC’s Leadership Team, working closely with the Chief Executive, helping the team to develop and implement strategy and to resource and deliver the PCC’s strategic objectives sustainably and in the public interest;
- is actively involved in, and able to bring influence to bear on, all strategic business decisions, of the PCC, to ensure that the financial aspects of immediate and longer term implications, opportunities and risks are fully considered, and alignment with the PCC’s financial strategy;
- leads the promotion and delivery by the PCC of good financial management so that public money is safeguarded at all times and used appropriately, economically, efficiently and effectively; and ensures that the finance function is resourced to be fit for purpose.
A collaboration agreement was put in place from the 14th July 2014, and continues to be in place, for the PCC’s Chief Finance Officer (CFO) to provide the statutory role of CFO to the North Yorkshire PCC. 0.4 FTE of the PCC CFO’s time is now spent providing this service and the North Yorkshire PCC pays for 40% of the costs incurred in providing this service. The salary costs recharged to the North Yorkshire PCC are £39,316.
Collaboration Agreement for the Provision of Chief Finance Officer Services (PDF document, 606KB) - July 2014
Extension of the collaboration between the Cleveland and North Yorkshire PCCs in relation to the provision of Chief Finance Officer services (Adobe PDF, 89KB) - February 2015
Expenses & Expenditure of the Chief Finance Officer Register of Gifts & Hospitality for the Chief Finance Officer
Assistant Chief Executive & Deputy Monitoring Officer
Joanne Hodgkinson (Part Time)
- Planning and driving delivery of the Police & Crime Plan and the planning cycle.
- Arranging strategic needs assessments.
- Planning and designing the whole of the programme of services that need to be commissioned/provided in house to deliver the Police & Crime Plan.
- Line managing the PCC’s victims remit and the consultation & engagement work.
- Line managing standards and scrutiny and undertaking the role of Deputy Monitoring Officer.
- Leading engagement with partners, including ensuring CSP engagement is effective and efficient.
Office Management, Support and Casework
Office Manager John Bage
PA & Support Officer Jayne Harpe Apprentice Support Officer Charlotte Rumins
Consultation & Engagement
Commissioner's Officer (Consultation & Engagement) Sarah Wilson (Part Time)
Commissoner's Officer (Victim Services) Rachelle Kipling
Crime, Offending and Justice
Crime, Offending and Justice Project Lead Jeanne Trotter
Commissioner's Officer (Crime, Offending and Justice) Lisa Oldroyd
PCC Services Support (including Communications and Social Media)
Media Services Cleveland Police Press Office
Support Officer for PCC Services and Communications Hannah Smith
Standards, Scrutiny and Policy
Standards and Scrutiny Manager Elise Pout
Commissioner's Officer (Policy & Scrutiny) Judith Nellist
Senior Complaints Service Adviser Hazel Thompson
Complaints Service Adviser Emily Thornton
Acting Strategic Contracts Manager Amanda Wilkinson
Commissioned Services Support Officer Jennifer Yates
Community Safety Hub Project Team
Senior Special Project Manager Liz Byrne
Special Project Team Officer Kathryn Curtis
Legal Services (Call-Off Contract)
Consultant Solicitor Stephen Hodgson
Strategic Media Services (Call-Off Contract)
Strategic Media Advisor Ian Cross
Team seconded to Cleveland Police.
Office of the Cleveland PCC Functional Chart (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 204kB) - Updated 26 June 2017
Register of Gifts or Hospitality - Office of the PCC
OPCC Staff Gifts and Hospitality Table (April 2013 - March 2014)
OPCC Staff Gifts and Hospitality Table (April 2014 - March 2015)
OPCC Staff Gifts and Hospitality Table (April 2015 - March 2016)
OPCC Staff Gifts and Hospitality Table (April 2016 - March 2017)
OPCC Staff Gifts and Hospitality Table (April 2017 - March 2018) - (updated 26/06/2017)
Equality & Diversity Information for Office of the PCC
No of directly employed PCC staff - 21 (excluding Treasury)
Gender: Female - 16; Male - 5 (excluding Treasury)
Staff members with a disability - 3 (excluding Treasury)
Staff members from an ethnic minority background - 0 (excluding Treasury)