Text Only
Accessibility Options
Default Text Size icon Large Text Size icon Largest Text Size icon
Set your Postcode This will personalise content such as news & events with the latest from your area.
Skip Content

FOI 158 - Children Services Records

FOI Request

I am after some advice on how I find the following information please.

If children's services start care proceedings and they have initiated legal matters on the grounds of a police protection power was used in the first place. That police removed children from a property. Should they be a record of the officer who exuceted his powers over too children's services within the 72hrs? If so how do I obtain the recorded information on myself and my children?

Additional information provided

Thank you for your response regarding myr equest for information. My full name is (redacted information) D.o.b (redacted information).


PCC Response

This request has been handled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Regarding your request I can now inform you that I have completed my enquiries and that my reply on behalf of the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cleveland is as follows.

I can confirm that the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cleveland does not hold this information.

However your FOI request can only be dealt with if it is a request for recorded information, which in essence yours is not.

In order to assist you I have made enquiries on your behalf and the response I have from Cleveland Police is as follows.

The Police always record when a child is taken into police protection and who has done it / authorised it.

In terms of gaining details I would suggest the person would need to go through our legal department as it will be disclosure of information.

May I suggest you e-mail Legal.Services@cleveland.pnn.police.uk who may be able to assist you.

Powered by Contensis