Dear Cleveland Police and Crime Commissioner,
I write with reference to The Dangerous Dogs Act, 1991 (amended), under the Freedom of Information Act, and ask for your kind reply, as follows:
1) How many dogs were seized by your force in the in the most recent full year for which you hold records (please provide date range) under S1 of the Act?
2) How many of these dogs seized in the aforementioned period have been exempted?
3) How many of these dogs seized in the aforementioned period have been released as non type (found to have been non-banned breeds)?
4) How many of these dogs seized in the aforementioned period were then destroyed?
5) Of these dogs destroyed, how many were disclaimed by their owners during the aforementioned timeframe?
6) How many dogs were put on the Interim Exemption Scheme before going to court during the aforementioned time frame?
7) What are your kennel costs in relation to dogs seized under the Act for the aforementioned time period?
8) Were there any litters of puppies of seized dogs destroyed whilst the parent dog was kennelled in the aforementioned period?
Regarding your request I can now inform you that I have completed my enquiries and that my reply on behalf of the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cleveland is as follows.
I can confirm that the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cleveland does not hold this information.
Under s16 of the Act I have a duty to assist you in finding information you seek, to that end I suggest that the information you seek may be held by Cleveland Police, they may be found at https://www.cleveland.police.uk/