In 2017, the force employed a consultant to facilitate a project called 'Transforming PSD'. His name is John Armstrong, a former Cheshire Constabulary superintendent. The project is referred to in these PCC Scrutiny Meeting minutes:
Please disclose the following information:
1. The dates upon which the project commenced and concluded.
2. The total amount paid to Mr Armstrong (or his company) for this project.
3. The final Transforming PSD report, plus appendices.
4. All email correspondence between the PCC's chief executive and Mr Armstrong during the period 1st January, 2017 and December, 2017.
Regarding your request I can now inform you that I have completed my enquiries and that my reply on behalf of the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cleveland is as follows.
As agreed with Cleveland Police’s FOI team, they are to respond to questions 1 to 3 of your request and the OPCC will handle question 4.
In regards to question 4, I can confirm that the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cleveland does hold this information.
Please find attached a bundle of emails between Simon Dennis and John Armstrong during the period 1st January 2017 to December 2017.
While we have endeavoured to keep these emails as complete as possible, some redactions have been made.
Redactions made to the documents fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Legal privilege
- Information held in confidence
- Third party personal data