Police & Crime Plan Consultation
The PCC has a duty to prepare a Police and Crime Plan covering their plans for their term of office, and before the Plan is issued consultation must take place with local communities, including victims of crime, on the contents of the plan.
Within Cleveland an online consultation on the Executive Summary of the Plan was opened with members of the public through this website. In addition to this representatives from partnership organisations took part in a consultation event focused on the full draft Plan.
In Cleveland the Plan is structured around five key priorities:
- Retaining and developing neighbourhood policing
- Ensuring a better deal for victims and witnesses
- Divert people from offending, with a focus on rehabilitation and the prevention of reoffending
- Develop better coordination and partnership between agencies to make the best use of resources
- Working for better industrial and community relations
The results of the consultation exercise can be downloaded by clicking this link..
The final Police & Crime Plan and its Appendices are available here.