Time is running out to get your nominations in for the Cleveland Community Safety Awards – the closing date is Friday 31st May 2013. The awards are looking to recognise individuals and teams who have made an outstanding contribution to their local community.
The various awards are:
- Neighbourhood Police Officer of the Year
- Neighbourhood Police Community Support Officer of the Year
- Neighbourhood Special Constable of the Year
- Neighbourhood Volunteer of the Year
- Neighbourhood Team of the Year
- Neighbourhood Officer Best at tackling Antisocial Behaviour
- Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator of the Year
- Housing Provider Contribution to Tackling Antisocial Behaviour
- Community Safety Contribution to Tackling Antisocial Behaviour
- Community Volunteer Champion
- Community Minded Business
- Outstanding Support to a Victim
Police and Crime Commissioner for Cleveland Barry Coppinger said: “We have had a number of entries so far and I would encourage people to get their nominations in by the closing date at the end of May.
“The Awards recognise individuals and teams who have made a real difference in the areas in which they live and work, for the good of local communities.
“As part of the Your Force Your Voice programme, I am visiting all the wards within the Cleveland Police area and meeting some of these people and I have been heartened by the contribution they have made.
“I hope that people will take the opportunity to reward this good work and I look forward to reading all the nominations as they come in.”
The Awards are being hosted by Teesside University on Monday 15th July.
There are a number of ways in which people can nominate:
By Post: Police and Crime Commissioner for Cleveland, Police Headquarters, Ladgate Lane, Middlesbrough, TS8 9EH.
Online: Cleveland Community Safety Awards 2013 Nomination Page
Please send in your name, contact details, name of the nominated person(s), and your reason for nomination.
For enquiries about the nominations please contact Sarah Wilson, Consultation, Communications, and Community Support Officer on 01642 301446.
Nominations close on Friday 31st May 2013 and the Cleveland Community Safety Awards take place on 15th July 2013 at the Teesside University.
For further details please contact Miranda Sykes, Corporate Communications Manager for Cleveland Police on 01642 301406.
Posted on Friday 17th May 2013