Cleveland Police is advertising for Police Constables to transfer to the Force.
The recruitment drive follows a recent intake of student Police Constables this month, and is the next step in increasing officer numbers after a lengthy recruitment freeze.
Officers who are looking to transfer to Cleveland Police are asked to visit the Force website http://www.cleveland.police.uk/careers/vacancy18033.aspx where they can access the force recruitment site to formally apply.
Successful applicants will join the force at the rank of Constable in front line policing roles, within teams across the Force area.
Acting Chief Constable Iain Spittal said: “We are pleased to offer Constables from across the UK the opportunity to join a successful, forward thinking Force whose area covers densely populated, diverse urban areas as well as rural fringes and our coastline.”
“Successful applicants will gain a wealth of experience, policing busy town centres, a vibrant night time economy, and two football stadia as well as numerous tourist destinations. The area is also home to some of Europe’s largest chemical complexes and a port and therefore offers rare opportunities to gain a unique policing experience.”
PCC Barry Coppinger added: “We welcome applicants from all UK forces and are keen for those who identify with the Force’s values to consider a transfer to Cleveland.”
“It is testament to its prudent financial governance that the Force finds itself in the position to be able to recruit first Police Constables and now transferees and this can only be positive news for Cleveland Police.”
To be considered eligible to transfer to Cleveland Police you will: -
- Currently be serving at the rank of Constable in a Home Office Force, or the British Transport Police
- Have successfully completed your probationary period
- Have an acceptable performance and attendance record
- Have no outstanding complaints or discipline matters and a history that indicates high professional standards and conduct
- Be financially solvent
- Be able to meet the national standards in medical criteria
- Display full competence against the Police Professional Framework for the rank of Constable
- All mandatory training must be up to date/in ticket
Posted on Tuesday 3rd February 2015