Victim Care & Advice Service (VCAS)
The Victim Care and Advice Service provide free, independent and confidential support for victims of crime and their families in Cleveland, County Durham and Darlington.
The service is delivered on behalf of the Police and Crime Commissioners of Cleveland and Durham by Safe in Tees Valley, a local registered charity with over 20 years experience, working in partnership to address crime and promoting community safety.
Victim Care and Advice Service staff are trained to provide an independent, confidential and personalised service including:-
- Home visits and face to face meeting..
- Regular support and contact via telephone, text or email.
- Advocacy –providing victims of crime with a voice
- One to one care for the most vulnerable victims.
- Practical assistance and emotional support.
The service will provide:
- A single point of contact throughout the whole victim journey from first reporting the incident to the police, throughout the investigation and criminal justice process and beyond.
- Support for all victims of crime who request help whether the incident has been reported to the police or not.
- A focus on those victims who have suffered the greatest impact from crime irrespective of the crime type, such as; victims of serious crime, the most persistently targeted and the most vulnerable and intimidated.
- Services tailored to individual needs to help the victim to cope with the immediate impact of the crime and to help them to recover from the harm caused by: –
- Addressing concerns identified by the victim;
- Responding to immediate safety concerns / risks;
- Providing immediate emotional support and practical help;
- Offering advice, support and encouragement;
- Promoting empowerment and not dependency;
- Considering the benefits of participation in restorative justice; and
- Assisting with criminal injuries compensation claims.
- Access to the best and most relevant support services.
- Support for young victims of crime.
Opening times: 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
Tel: 0303 040 1099