The timeline contains key dates for the 2021 PCC Election:
- Friday 12 March: Briefing for anyone interested in becoming Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC)
- Monday 22 March: Formal announcement of the election. The pre-election period (PEP) begins.
- Thursday 8 April: Deadline to submit intention to stand to Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council.
- Friday 9 April: Candidates are officially announced by the Returning Officer at Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
- Monday 12 April: Briefing for confirmed candidates.
- Thursday 6 May: Election Day
- Friday 7 May: Election count and publication of results.
- Friday 14 May: Former PCC to hand over office to new Commissioner
The OPCC is not responsible for the overall conduct and arrangement of the election. This is the responsibility of the Police Area Returning Officer (PARO), as set out in legislation and Electoral Commission guidance.
The PARO for the 2021 PCC Election is Julie Danks, Chief Executive of Stockton Borough Council. You can contact Julie via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.