The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) has set up an Election Working Group. The group ensures the OPCC plans effectively for the PCC election. It also makes sure that all processes to liaise with candidates are lawful and fair.
To ensure the greatest transparency, the group has established a Terms of Reference and an agreed attendance list.
The OPCC and Cleveland Police also have a joint election protocol, governing what they plan to do to ensure they comply with the rules and regulations around PCC elections.
- Rachelle Kipling – Temporary Assistant Chief Executive, Cleveland OPCC
- Elise Pout – Standards and Scrutiny Manager, Cleveland OPCC
- Hannah Smith – Commissioner’s Officer for Communications, Cleveland OPCC
- Judith Dunn – Support Officer (Communications), Cleveland OPCC
- Charlotte Rumins – Community Hub Advisor, Cleveland OPCC
- Kim Walker – Deputy Head of Corporate Communications, Cleveland Police
- Chief Inspector John Wrintmore – Staff Officer, Cleveland Police
Membership was agreed at the initial meeting. If delegates cannot attend, they have to provide updates via an attending representative. Other attendees by invitation only.
- To ensure that effective planning, preparations and support are in place for the pre and post-election periods of the 2021 Election.
- To make sure processes are lawful, fair and comply fully with the relevant PCC Election Order and related law and guidance.
The working group examines, coordinates and advises on arrangements. The group will:
- Meet fortnightly
- Have administration provided by The Commissioner’s Community Hub Team.
Working Group Meeting Minutes
Minutes from the PCC Election Working Group are published below as soon as they are approved at the following meeting: