As part of our ongoing commitment to Cleveland’s diverse communities, we have published one of the PCC’s most popular leaflets in the top eight languages in the area.
The leaflet summarises the key commitments within Steve’s three-year Police and Crime Plan, which sets out his vision for policing and community safety for Cleveland.
Steve’s Plan was developed after consultation with criminal justice agencies, local organisations, businesses and the wider public – to best understand what is needed to make Cleveland a safer place.
The PCC’s 10-Point Plan is aims to:
• Bring offenders to justice;
• Get tough on drugs and gangs;
• Tackle anti-social behaviour head-on;
• Help to provide an effective police and criminal justice system;
• Prevent, reducing and tackling serious violence;
• Put more police on the streets;
• Tackle violence against women and girls;
• Build confidence in Cleveland’s communities;
• Provide effective, quality support for victims and witnesses;
• Use technology to combat crime
As part our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, we recognise that not everyone living in Cleveland will use English as a first-language. As a result, we have translated the PCC’s Plan leaflet into the following language – click to download:
Please contact us if you wish to request a copy of the Commissioner’s full Plan in a different language and this can be arranged.
To support those with additional cognitive needs or learning difficulties, we have also developed an easy-read version of the Police and Crime Plan. We know we use a lot of police jargon and complex language – this version simplifies the text and uses relevant images.Click here to download a copy of the Easy-Read version of the Police and Crime Plan