The PCC approved the 2018/19 budget and LTFP, including the capital budget, in February 2018.
The capital programme is kept under review as with all areas of financing within the organisation on a regular basis.
As a result, a number of changes are requested to the capital programme arising from a management review of projects and schemes.
- Stockton Rewire £40k. Scheme deferred until 2019/20.
- Stockton Replacement Windows £25k. The need for replacement windows as Stockton HQ has been deferred and the budget is to be utilised across the Estate.
- Billingham Replacement Windows £25k. Scheme deferred until 2019/2
- LOCARD replacement £100k. Budget returned as no longer needed.
- DFU –Servers. An additional £46k requested budget to rectify the issue of the current storage and backup solutions in DFU failing. DFU sit on their own network and therefore it is not possible to utilise storage from the Cleveland Police network.
- Digital Interview Recording Equipment £500k. Scheme deferred until 2019/20.
- ACESO Replacement- £103k. Scheme deferred until 2019/20.
- Windows server upgrade £25k. Scheme deferred until 2019/20.
- EMSCP – returning £63k. Scheme deferred until 2019/20.
ICT has reviewed its capital programme in line with the revised mobile working strategy and is returning a total of £1,058k across the schemes as detailed below:
- Mobile device replacement – £550k.
- Smartworks Mobile Applications – £180k.
- Livelinks (CJS) – £20k.
- Windows server upgrade – £25k.
- Control Room Solution Improvements – £50k.
- Web based Mapping – £5k.
- Automated PDR – £5k.
- Cyber Security Improvements – £60k.
- Exchange Upgrade – £100k.
There is also funding for the Smartworks Mobile Applications which are included in the LTFP for 2019/20 and 2020/21 at £180k per annum, which are no longer required as they form part of the new business case.
A revised business case has been approved by the Chief Constable for the ICT Agile Project at a total of £1,463k and this is requested to be approved.
- Return £123k of the £133k budget for the Black Box system as the scheme in longer required in the current format.
- £7k revenue contribution to write-off/uneconomical repairs to fund an additional vehicle that is beyond repair.