The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) supports the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) in his work.
Therefore, the team helps the PCC deliver the Police and Crime Plan and other statutory duties. As a result, work falls broadly into the following categories:
- Criminal justice, victims commissioning and partnerships;
- Standards, ethics and scrutiny;
- Communications and community engagement;
- Office management, support and case work;
- Strategic contracting and treasury management;
- Collaborations and partnerships.
The OPCC is committed to providing value for money. Its budget of £900k per year is just 0.6% of Cleveland’s overall annual policing budget.
The OPCC keeps budget increases to a minimum by the use of collaboration and partnerships.
The Police and Crime Plan
The OPCC helps the PCC draw up and deliver the Police and Crime Plan.
The plan is produced in consultation with Cleveland Police, local agencies, residents and community groups.
The Plan is currently structured around the following:
- Investing in Police;
- A Better Deal for Victims and Witnesses;
- Tackling Offending and Re-offending;
- Working Together to Make Cleveland Safer;
- Securing the Future of our Communities.