The force has supported a number of Mutual Aid deployments between Apr 15 – Sept 15 which were not part of the budget set at the start of the year. In line with national guidelines the provision of Mutual Aid is charged to the Force to whom the Mutual Aid is being provided.
The Force has incurred expenditure, that was not provided for when setting the 2015-16 budget in providing Mutual Aid, of £57,716. The total amount to be reimbursed to Cleveland for providing these services is £79,417, which takes into account the full costs, in line with national charging agreements, of the services provided.
The Force are therefore requesting the release of £57,716, from the income to be recevied by the PCC, to pay for the additional costs that they have incurred in providing this Mutual Aid. This will result in an increase in the budget available to the Chief Constable of £57,716 which will in turn ensure that the provision of Mutual Aid has not reduced the funding available to the Chief Constable for Policing within Cleveland.
The Mutual Aid deployments covered within this Decision are as follows:
- Operation Magic – Royal Visit – South Yorkshire Police
- Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds – Sporting Event – South Yorkshire Police
- Barnsley v Sheffield United – Sporting Event – South Yorkshire Police
- Sunderland v Newcastle – Sporting Event – Northumbria Police
- Operation Tiffany – Sporting Event – Lincolnshire Police
- Hull City v Manchester United – Sporting Event – Humberside Police
- General Election 2015 – Met Police
- Operation Theta – EDL March – South Yorkshire Police
- Operation Time – Birtain First – South Yorkshire Police
The ‘over-recovery’ of income of £21,701 will increase the underspend currently forecast during 2015/16 and will be made available to support future financial plans.