The NERCP has been in operation for 18 years and liaises closely with Cleveland Police to deliver the following development, services and initiatives:
– NERCP Forums – a platform for Police and Retailers operating in Cleveland to problem solve at a strategic level to ensure retail crime is managed effectively and confidence is built and sustained from both.
– Information & Intelligence Sharing – identification and tracking of local, regional and national travelling offenders and trends, forewarning retailers and police of their activity, reducing crime and disorder
– Restorative Justice (RJ) – the delivery and development of force wide RJ panels for prolific retail offenders and retail victims.
– Retail Crime Initiatives – the identification and delivery of intelligence led initiatives and campaigns aimed at raising the awareness of retailers, police and the general public e.g. Counterfeit money, purse dipping, seasonal campaigns.
– Training – the development and delivery of specialised Retail-Crime Awareness Training for retailers, police and local schemes.
– Retail Crime Conference – an annual event which brings the NERCP network together to share information and expertise and recognise the excellent work being done in the region.
– Divert young people from retail crime – supports NERCP’s sister Youth & Community programme to deliver the #Shopwise programme in the Cleveland area.