Redcar & Cleveland Safeguarding Children Board (RCSCB) is a statutory body made up of organisations which work with children and young people.
It is the key mechanism for agreeing how organisations co-operate to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and for ensuring the effectiveness of what they do.
In order to achieve this RCSCB will:
- Develop policies and procedures for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Areas covered include:
- The action to be taken if there are concerns about a child’s safety or welfare, including thresholds for intervention;
- Training of people working with children or in services affecting the safety and welfare of children;
- Recruitment and supervision of people who work with children;
- Investigation of allegations about people who work with children;
- The safety and welfare of privately-fostered children;
- Co-operation with neighbouring children’s services authorities.
2. Communicate the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, raise awareness of how this can best be done, and encourage people and organisations to do so;
3. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of what is done by the authority and partners individually and collectively to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, and advise on ways to improve.
4. Participate in the planning of services for children in need in the Redcar & Cleveland.
5. Undertake reviews of serious cases and advise the authority and Board partners on lessons to be learned.
Funding provided by the PCC helps towards the costs of carrying out the activities set out in the RCSCB Business Plan.
The PCC will receive regular updates on progress in line with terms and conditions of the grant agreement. Decision 2016-25520: Funding for the Local Children’s Safeguarding Board (LCSB) – Redcar & Cleveland