Show Racism the Red Card (SRtRC) is an anti-racism education charity which looks to use anti-racism education workshops to engage young people and adults.
The charity provides workshops which are interactive, safe and non-judgemental. Participants are encouraged to reflect on their own internal prejudices in an attempt to reflect on them and in turn to consider an alternative view.
The aims of the project are to:
- Reduce the incidents of racism in communities
- increase the reporting of racist incidents
- Reduce of anger and prejudice aimed at minority communities
- Encourage the rejection of racist attitudes
Contributes to the following Police and Crime Plan aims:
- Diverting People from Offending, with a focus on rehabilitation and the prevention of re-offending.
- Working for better community and industrial relations.