Consultation is seeking the views and opinions of others to gain a broader understanding of the needs and experiences affecting people. Engagement is involving others in developing strategic objectives and operational activity.
This consultation and engagement strategy shows how effective consultation and engagement can ensure the following:
- Members of the community feel engaged with the work of the OPCC
- Members of the community feel able to voice their concerns, are able to influence the OPCC scrutiny of Cleveland Police and understand what happens as a result
- Strategic policy is developed in a manner which reflects the needs of local communities
- Commissioned services are designed around the needs of the client/service user.
- The OPCC can obtain the views of the local community in a responsive way using a variety of methodologies
The strategy contains the following
- Background and context
- Analysis of previous OPCC consultation and engagement
- Vision and objectives
- Stakeholders and audiences
- Delivery methodology
- Details of evaluation methods