The purpose of the Safer Future Communities Network is to act as the primary point of contact for PCC to engage with voluntary community organisations contributing to the Police and Crime Plan.
Middlesbrough Voluntary Development Agency in agreement with the other Development Agencies has agreed to host the network. The Safer Future Communities Networks aims to achieve the following outcomes:
- Communication between PCC, partners and voluntary community organisations is valuable and effective.
- Voluntary community organisations are a valued partner of the PCC involved in collaboration, partnership and joint commissioning.
- Service users are involved in the joint production of strategy and service design, delivery and scrutiny.
This will be achieved through:
- Identifying, managing and disseminating information and communication within and between Voluntary Community Sector (VCS), PCC and stakeholders.
- Facilitate events and forums for engagement, participation and opportunities for the VCS, the PCC and stakeholders.
- Establish opportunities for VCS to respond innovatively to PCC priorities and demand and capacity pressures in the system.
- Establish opportunities to coordinate service user voice to influence and be involved in joint commissioning and production.
The work of this network supports delivery of the PCC’s objective of Working together to make Cleveland Safer.