Since September 2012 and the establishment of the Halo Project, the Police Authority and latterly the Police and Crime Commissioner has provided funding.
This helps to support the service to protect and support victims of honour based violence and forced marriage (HBV/FM).
Year on year referrals to the Halo Project have seen an increase with further resources required in order to continue providing support to victims.
Monitoring reports for the previous year show the following as key outcomes, continued requirements and areas for further development:
- Provide support advice and information to victims
- Provide specialist advice to Police Officers on HBV/FM and Female Gential Mutilation (FGM) issues as and when required
- Delivery of HBV/FM & FGM training to those with safeguarding responsibilities within Cleveland Police
- Develop a more joined up approach in terms of referral pathways
- Work with Cleveland Police to raise awareness and re-establish the CHOICE helpline