My Sister’s Place is a specialist domestic violence service based in the Middlesbrough area.
My Sister’s Place aims to:
- Deliver accessible, effective, specialist services that are informed and evaluated by service users experiences promoting individual freedom and quality of life;
- Promote and secure equality of access to safety, justice, health and wellbeing and campaign for change to shape future policy and practice
- To work with the wider community through education and community involvement to create a cultural shift in attitude to domestic abuse and better equip families to protect their members.
- The purpose of this funding is to provide the provision of an Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA) based in the Middlesbrough area supporting victims across the whole of Cleveland.
The post will sit within a ‘One Stop Shop’ approach to supporting victims of domestic violence from the point of access, through their ‘same day response’ duty team, to achieving Safety, Social Justice and improved Health and Well Being. The post will work within the Specialist Domestic Violence Court and carry a full caseload of 100.
The identified outcomes of the IDVA service are to:
- Increase the safety of victims.
- Reduce the risk of repeat victimisation.
- Increase the number of ‘successful outcomes’ through the criminal justice system.
- Increase confidence in community safety and better communication between agencies and the public.