The OPCC has identified the need for a resource to co-ordinate sexual violence partnership arrangements.
The remit for this year includes approval of funding for a Sexual Violence Coordination role covering . The role covers:
- Providing support for regular meetings of Tees Tackling Sexual Violence Implementation Group and its Task & Finish Groups, assisting the Chair and acting as a contact for queries and distributing information
- Assisting at meetings of the Custody Healthcare, Liaison & Diversion and SARC Partnership Board and providing reports on sexual violence issues
- Supporting multi-agency arrangements for reporting performance
- Liaising with the Home Office, and others as required, in relation to the VAWG (Violence against Women & Girls) Transformation Fund
- Assisting with any further funding opportunities for sexual violence services in Cleveland, including bid writing
- Support preparations for re-commissioning SARC and ISVA services and mobilisation of the new service/s
- Provide advice on sexual violence matters to OPCC and its partners as required.
The role is jointly funded by the PCC, NHS England and Cleveland’s four Local Authority Public Health teams.
This initiative supports the PCC’s a better deal for victims and witnesses.