Tees Valley Unlimited is the Local Enterprise Partnership for the Tees Valley.
TVU has been successful in the initial application stage for the Government’s Youth Engagement Fund.
A funding bid is being developed to bring £4.5 million of additional resources to Tees Valley to support disadvantaged young people between the ages of 14 and 17.
If successful , the bid will focus on NEETs who:
- Have a history of offending or who have been identified as being at risk of becoming an offender
- Are in care or care leavers
- Have left school or are likely to leave school with few or no qualifications
- Have behavioural or mental health issues
- Have a learning difficulty or disability
The model will provide a single programme with multiple specialist interventions that offer three key strands: prevention, transition and re-engagement.
Transition Education Mentors will provide intensive bespoke packages for the young people on the programme and act as a single point of contact for all the services