Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCs) have a legal duty to publish certain documents and information.
Elected Local Policing Bodies (Specified Information) Order 2011 and the Elected Local Policing Bodies (Specified Information) (Amendment) Order 2012 contain
As part of the Specified Information Order, the PCC must publish the following information about contracts and tenders held by their organisation:
- Copies of each invitation to tender which is issued by the PCC or the Chief Officer where the contract is to exceed £10,000.
- A list of contracts for £10,000 or less – to include the value of the contract, the identity of all parties to the contract and its purpose.
- Full copies of contracts over £10,000.
Invitations to tender for contracts over £10,000
The PCC publishes a copy of every Invitation to Tender (ITT) for a contract with an expected value of more than £10,000 to which they or the Chief Constable is party.
Currently, in Cleveland, invitations to tender are only issued for contracts with an expected value exceeding £50,000. Cleveland Police complies with procurement law. Therefore, all tenders over the EU law threshold are advertised in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU).
Invitations to Tender on Bluelight Emergency Services Tendering Website
Follow the guide below to view invitations to order:
- To view tenders, click on New Tender Opportunities on the left hand menu. on this page you can chose to view Due North (original eTendering software provider) or EU Supply (new eTendering software provider).
For Due North ITTs
- Select Due North – New Tender Opportunities
- Under ‘Organisation’ on the form that appears, select ‘Cleveland Police’.
- Tick the box to see past, present and future opportunities.
- Finally, click on ‘Search’ to see the list of tenders.
For EU Supply ITTs
- Select EU Supply – New Tender Opportunities
- Awarded Tenders:
- Under ‘Ongoing Public Tenders’ choose ‘Awarded Quotes/Tenders’ then ‘More Options’
- Under ‘Buyer’ choose ‘Cleveland Police’ then click search to view
- Issued tenders:
- Under ‘Ongoing Public Tenders’, choose ‘Issued Quotes/Tenders’ then ‘More Options’
- Under ‘Buyer’ choose ‘Cleveland Police’ then click search to view.
- Awarded Tenders:
Changes to Public Procurement Legislation
Contract Standing Orders now reflect changes to European procurement legislation.
Contracts of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cleveland
The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) aims to ensure the Specified Information Order is delivered. As this request relates to a large number of contracts held by the PCC, the publication of each contract is currently being assessed and undertaken.
An interim measure has been put in place to ensure that copies of contracts over £10,000 are accessible to the public when requested. This provides a pre-arranged opportunity to attend the Community Safety Hub in Hemlington, Middlesbrough to view a copy of the requested contract.
The following link provides a list of contracts for £10,000 or less which includes the value of the contract, the identity of all parties to the contract and its purpose.
Public Access to Full Copies of Contracts –Contracts over £10,000 –
The PCC currently aims to publish all contracts over £10,000. However, in the interim period, the PCC is happy to make available to the public, hard copies of contracts held over £10,000. These are viewable at the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner at a pre-arranged time.